Higher Search Engine Rankings With An SSL Certificate
The web can be an unsafe place, as part of it's vision to make the web a safer place, Google in a recent blog post has announced it is now giving preference to secure websites and pages with HTTPS.
How It Works
Your website and pages will get higher search engine rankings if secured with an SSL certificate. That means your website must carry an SLL certificate. And the good news, SSL certificates are easy to add to a domain and are automatically set up by us, within hours.
What Is An SSL Certificate?
The explanation below is from TLDP.org
- 1.2. What is SSL and what are Certificates?
- The Secure Socket Layer protocol was created by Netscape to ensure secure transactions between web servers and browsers. The protocol uses a third party, a Certificate Authority (CA), to identify one end or both end of the transactions. This is in short how it works.
- A browser requests a secure page (usually https://).
- The web server sends its public key with its certificate.
- The browser checks that the certificate was issued by a trusted party (usually a trusted root CA), that the certificate is still valid and that the certificate is related to the site contacted.
- The browser then uses the public key, to encrypt a random symmetric encryption key and sends it to the server with the encrypted URL required as well as other encrypted http data.
- The web server decrypts the symmetric encryption key using its private key and uses the symmetric key to decrypt the URL and http data.
- The web server sends back the requested html document and http data encrypted with the symmetric key.
- The browser decrypts the http data and html document using the symmetric key and displays the information.
How Can An SSL Certificate Benefit Your Site
- Attract more visitors to your website by getting a higher search engine ranking with Google's new changes
- Peace of mind to your customers and website visitors as they feel secure knowing their details and data is encrypted and secure against third party access
- Increased sense of legitimacy and prestige in the site of your site visitors and customers as they know you take security seriously
If you have a hosting account with us, you can benefit. View our SSL certificates: